MEASURES ARE IN NOW IN EFFECT!
The City's snowpack is currently at approximately 60% of last year's levels. The City is also experiencing limited river flows and the current raw water storage is at 49%. Due to these drought conditions and to be proactive, Stage V of the Drought Contingency and Emergency Response Plan has been put into effect which includes but is not limited to the following:
- No outdoor watering
- No vehicle washing. Vehicle washing is only pe1mitted at businesses that utilize recycled water.
- No filling of swimming pools. There will be no refilling or adding of water to swimming pools with the exception of any municipally or Highlands University-owned covered (enclosed) swimming pool(s).
- Eating establishments. All restaurants are prohibited from serving water to their customers except when specifically requested by the customers.
- Ornamental fountains. Ornamental fountains may operate if they re-circulate water but not during windy periods. Ornamental fountains that do no re-circulate water are prohibited.
- Fire hydrants. Use of water from fire hydrants shall be limited to firefighting, related activities, or other activities necessary to maintain the health, safety & welfare of citizens served by the City of Las Vegas water system.
- These restrictions shall not apply to any properly licensed persons, firm, or corporation engaging in the business of growing or selling plants.
- Identify solutions to address the current water emergency.
- Develop and implement an aggressive Public Awareness Campaign toward water conservation.
- Inform citizens of the seriousness of the emergency, educate & receive everyone's cooperation toward conservation.
- Identify critical infrastructure and major water users within the communities.
- Identified facilities in order to minimize water usage.
Should you require any further information please contact the City of Las Vegas Utilities at (505) 454-3832. Thank you.